Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The BLOB...in real life.

The Blob is a 1988 monstor horror film which features a jelly-like substance (The Blob) that just gets bigger and bigger! But don't worry, my relation to it is just merely the blob factor, not the monster part! Haha! 

But in all seriousness, as of late, that truly is what I feel like. A big 'ole BLOB!! 

I was blessed a year ago to come across a program that works wonders called *P.I.N.K. Method. It was easy to follow and easy to stick to. In addition, I follow the creator of the program *(Cynthia Pasquella) both in social networking as well as a VIP email distribution. Since she released the P.I.N.K. Method, she has come out with a pretty amazing cookbook called Hungry Hottie, which I also have. And then lastly she supports a company called *SoCal Cleanse that is just a nutritional addition to the program that helps you meet your goals. When I started with PM it worked wonderfully for me, however, through unintentional downtime and my mind overrunning me, I slowly but surely stopped doing it. **See links in the paragraph above for more information on the programs mentioned**

Once I stopped with the program, I slowly but surely gained back everything I'd lost...and then some! (Me = Blob) I think that I was so happy with the results I was getting from PM that I felt like I could "stop dieting" and that my body would just "know" what to do to keep going and react the way I wanted it to. Um, wrong. How does the mind come up with these things? I have since realized that it isn't about "dieting", it's about changing your lifestyle. Truly...as trite as that sounds! And quite honestly, I don't know anyone who would say that changing your entire lifestyle isn't a scary thing! The first thoughts I always had were, oh great, there goes anything that tastes good and what's going to happen with my chocolate obsession? And I will admit, those things are still in the back of my head but I am fighting through them daily knowing that the resources I have prove that healthy eating doesn't have to taste bad and you can still have those indulgences! (yes, you thought it as soon as you read it...in moderation!)

So, as of January 21, I have started my venture to end my personal Blob horror story! I know the ins and outs of PM. I know I have to work hard to start moving along. I know that when I start seeing results that it doesn't mean time to stop, it means KEEP GOING! I'm trying hard and it's going to be a long road. But I am seeking inspiration in what I hope to be "new" ways. I joined the Biggest Loser contest here at work (also Jan.21) and currently am in the running to win $350 if I can be the biggest loser by April 15. As if just feeling better isn't enough, knowing I could win is even cooler! I know how hard it is to keep motivated, so if I can stick in there strong for 3 whole months...surely I would have smashed a slew of my inner demons that have previously held me back and maybe win some $$!! BONUS, at that point, maybe I would venture into buying a swimsuit for summer...which I haven't done in years!!! 

Stay tuned, I am absolutely positive there will be some bumpy roads on this journey and Lord knows I will need this outlet to vent it and keep pushing on! 

MOTIVATION:
1. It's okay to mess up...just keep going!
2. Reward yourself, you deserve it!! 




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! Totally feel ya on the blob front...since I quit providing milk for Libby, I have totally had to rearrange how I eat. Nursing burns so many calories, I didn't even realize until I gained 7lbs after stopping!!! So, I'm back on the bandwagon, ready to shed ALL of this baby weight (and maybe buy a swimsuit this year, too)! :-) Going to check out this PINK method!

    ReplyDelete